Product Manager – Medical Devices
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
We are looking for a proactive Product Manager to join our Clinical Development team at Applied Medical. In this fulltime position, you will be responsible for understanding and defining our customers’ clinical needs and assisting with the development and implementation of solutions. As a product expert, you will be responsible for supporting all phases of the product life-cycle. Additionally, you connect on a personal level with thought leaders that share the same values as our team. You will work closely with different internal departments to position technologies and define new opportunities.
Within Applied Medical this position has the internal job title of Associate Clinical Development Manager.
At the moment we have several vacancies in Clinical Development. We invite you to explore the other positions and select the one that suits you best to apply.
- Define the clinical and economic needs of our customers (i.e. surgeons and hospitals) and work with multiple departments to develop and implement solutions
- Help support all phases of the product life cycle (e.g. the development, launch, training, positioning, changes, and obsolescence of products)
- Develop in-depth knowledge of key surgical procedures and products through observation in the operating room, discussions with clinicians, congress & trade show attendance, literature searches, etc.
- Identify and understand emerging surgical procedures and technologies and help to facilitate the adoption of new surgical techniques and practices
- Understand the healthcare systems, market dynamics, and competitive landscapes in the various countries we support
- Identify and help evaluate opportunities to support surgeon-led clinical research
- Support product sales by answering requests from the field for product information, understanding the sales challenges and working with multi-functional groups to develop and implement solutions
- Bachelor or Master's degree, related to healthcare
- At least two years of relevant work experience within healthcare and/or in a similar type of role
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Availability to travel frequently (~30%), including occasional evenings and weekends
The following qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory:
- Knowledge of colorectal, general, bariatric, urologic, and/or gynecologic surgery and products
- Knowledge of European healthcare systems and dynamics
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of French, German and/or Italian language
- Good remuneration package including pension and 27 vacation days
- Travel allowance and health insurance benefits
- Opportunity for personal development and continuous learning
- An informal and international work environment with over 35 nationalities
- Teambuilding and volunteer opportunities
- Onsite group exercise classes and health activities
Are you an individual who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and professional, yet casual business environment? We are looking forward to receiving your application: your C.V. and a motivation letter.
To learn more about our global company please visit our website www.appliedmedical.com
At Applied Medical, we are committed to making a meaningful, positive difference, each and every day. Within our European headquarters in Amersfoort (NL), we develop, manufacture and support the implementation of our advanced medical devices across Europe and the MENA region. Applied’s team members enjoy working in an international environment, in which people of diverse backgrounds are valued, challenged, and acknowledged. We support our team members by giving them opportunities for ongoing learning and education, possibilities to take part in community volunteering activities and a variety of onsite exercise classes and health activities.
If you are passionate about working in an organization that allows you to make decisions based upon what is right for the patient, customer, community, and environment, Applied Medical is the place for you.