Entertainment & Exhibitor specials
The i am not a tourist Expat Fair is all about having an informative and above all enjoying day. That is why we have arranged some great entertainment during the day! For example...
The Library - 'Meet the locals; Tasting European wines.'
From 12:00 we will taste wines from different European countries and regions. We will tell you all about the history, the grapes, the cultural differences and of course taste the wines! We will pair them with some local (Dutch) delicacies. We only have space for 24 people every tasting, so be on time! We can't take reservations. Come meet our Library Club at Stand 65!
Extremos Salsa will give a 30 minute Salsa class! Let's shake those hips!
Extremos Salsa offers classes for all levels in Amsterdam. Their classes are taught in English and there is no partner required.
Comedy by Greg Shapiro
HOW TO BE DUTCH: THE QUIZ with Greg Shapiro: Comedian; American; Dutchman.
Greg Shapiro will do his Dutch quiz twice during the Expat Fair.
Greg is perhaps best known as the voice of the "Netherlands Second" video, but he originally came here to work for Boom Chicago theater for just one summer. 25 years and 3 books later, he's still here. In just 30 minutes, he will tell you about the many pitfalls of integrating into Dutch society, because he's fallen into all of them.
Dutch Costume Museum and Photo Studio (Klederdrachtmuseum)
The Dutch Costume Museum presents the history of Holland by the Dutch Folk costumes in a monumental 17th century canal house at the Herengracht in Amsterdam. At the Expat Fair they will bring the Dutch folk costumes! Come to their stand #102 and make a picture of you dressed in the clothes of the Dutch Costume Photo Studio!
EasyLaughs will give a improvised comedy show on our main stage. This is gonna be fun!
Exhibitors also have discounts and prizes to win! For example (edition October 2019):
- A free sports membership with David Lloyd (stand 48)
- A stay for two at ServicedApartments.nl (stand 70)
- An original Dutch bike at A Dutch Experience (stand 69) and Expat Housing (stand 25)
- Discount voucher of 10% at the UvA Talen language Centre stand (stand 44)
- A free coaching session with Avenir Employ Pays-Bas (stand 15)
- A free coaching session sharing your creative photo with in2motivation (stand 68)
- Chocolate tasting with Prakken d’Oliveira immigration lawyers (stand 66)
- A free face-to-face or virtual session with a coach from Koach.net (stand 26)
- You can vote from here at the U.S. Consulate (stand 92)
- Free health check at Embody Health (stand 83)
- A private Cultcheers session in your own living room (stand 47)