Marketing Executive | Flexible on location
Respond to this job by email >
Working on two of UBM’s most exciting design brands, this role is for an ambitious Marketing Executive who is looking to step up their marketing knowledge and progress their career as they lead on the delivery of campaigns to drive sales leads and event attendance.
UBM marketing is going through an exciting time, with a number of new initiatives and marketing tools being introduced to take marketing practice to the next level. Working on a leading event will provide you with the ability to make the most of these new opportunities to develop your knowledge and career.
Duties and responsibilities
• Deliver great marketing campaigns that will really generate cut-through in a competitive event industry, including:
o Data – Mining the in-house database to find and target the right people with the right messages
o Copywriting – Writing fantastic copy that really nails the key benefits of our events and our tone of voice
o Analysis – Using online analytics and database reports to show the effectiveness of campaigns and suggest how to improve them
o Email campaign delivery – using Adestra to send and optimise the performance of the campaigns and make sure this critical channel is the best it can be
o Website optimisation – Review the websites and update them to showcase the events in the best way possible to increase registrations
o Partnership management – Working with our many media partners and associations to generate as much coverage in the target markets as possible
• Sales enablement – Create sales collateral that helps the sales team get across their proposition
• Content marketing – Work with the content teams to maximise crossover between the community and event sites
• Customer insight – Evaluate customer research, market conditions, and competitor data in order to implement marketing plan alterations as needed
• Budgeting – Work with the Marketing Manager to manage budgets and targets
• Social media marketing - Planning and executing
• Must be a self-starter who can initiate, drive and execute projects, foster innovation, focus on delivery, collaborate with others and demonstrate high levels of commitment and integrity.
• Good understanding of data systems and willingness to learn more about data selection and analysis
• Strong copywriter – Able to create copy for emails and adverts that focus on the benefits and still capture the tone of the brand
• Proactive approach to completing tasks, keeping on top of suppliers and internal staff & management to ensure deadlines are met. Report back regularly on the status of a task/project
• Strong communication skills – Ability to negotiate with suppliers, and maintain professional internal and external relationships
• Strong digital skills – Email marketing, social media, and ability to write copy for digital channels
• Proactively able to establish and maintain effective working team relationships within own team and with all other departments
• Highly organised and able to work on multiple projects and multi-channel campaigns simultaneously
Other preferred attributes
• Experience using analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics preferable
• Experience of using CRM / database management software
• CIM / IDM professional qualification (or equivalent)
• Lead generation marketing
• Use of Marketing Automation software
• Experience in an event or exhibition background would be an advantage
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We actively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBT communities as they are currently underrepresented at application stage.