Logistic Service Coordinator
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
The Supply Chain Operations department is responsible for the coordination of logistic services, such as road and marine transports and the storage of Dow products. It makes sure that Dow products are delivered on time throughout EMEA. The several teams working within the department focus on areas like logistic coordination, including carriers and storage facilities. Supporting International Trade Operations (compliance with customs regulations, the creation and timely delivery of original documentation packages for export purposes) and Quality is also one of the tasks. Another team is engaged in the observance of (financial) damage suffered as a result of errors and accidents during the logistic process and holding someone accountable for it.
The purpose of this role is to provide the day-to-day logistics support and expertise in arranging transport, managing logistics issues, and resolving exceptions that occur in the transaction and execution of shipment orders within the truck material flow work process.
• Meet the customer requirements to ensure on-time delivery and lowest cost-to-service product transportation to the final destination
• Monitor timely shipments by Logistics Service Providers from origin
• Identify non-compliance of Logistics Service Providers and take appropriate action and support logistics Quality Measure resolution
• Resolve logistics issues in the material flow work process to ensure compliance with customer requirements
• Identify opportunities to improve work processes and service improvements and reduce costs
• Verify if logistics capability versus special requirements can be matched
• Be responsible for accuracy of logistics data and accurate logistics charges
• Manage non-standard orders, changes and exceptions requiring different transport arrangements
• Monitor and check the shipment creation process, arrange transport, check compliance with loading dates and/or times
• Check, approve and book (additional) logistics costs in SAP timely
• Handle small claims procedure
• Communicate special delivery requirements to the carrier and find alternative carriers to deliver specific shipments
• Register non-compliances and associated corrective actions in the quality measure. Escalate repetitive non-compliances to focal point.
• Rotational on call duty, weekdays 16.30 – 22.00h.
MBO 3 / 4
Preferably experience in logistics related activities
• Fluency in English (written & oral)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications
• Experience with SAP R3
• Strong analytical skills
• Works independently, is self motivated and accountable
• Ability to work towards tight deadlines
• Customer service mindset
• Excellent planning & organization skills
• Proactive attitude with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as appropriate