HR Payroll Coordinator
The DOW SERVICE CENTER Human Resources (HR) department provides Human Resources services in the area of recruitment, the international transfer processes, compensation & benefits, talent management and payroll to Dow in EMEAI. Dow is known for its high standards and high quality; this is also reflected in the HR services and processes. A skilled and motivated workforce is essential for Dow to deliver against its strategic business objectives and the DOW SERVICE CENTER HR department is key in helping establishing that workforce.
The HR Payroll Coordinator will lead and represent the payroll of the aligned EMEAI countries.
The main objective of the HR Payroll Coordinator role is to ensure that the employees are paid in time and accurate. This objective is aligned to compliance with the respective country tax-legislation, agreed labor conditions and company rules and regulations.
By nature, this job requires a substantial amount of coordination with a variety of internal- and external stakeholders where accountability and ownership of data and processes are key. External reporting to tax and other governmental agencies is also part of the scope of work.
As an HR Payroll Coordinator you will be responsible to perform and coordinate administrative and control activities for the EMEAI region on behalf of the Dow Payroll department. In your work you demonstrate structure and process orientation, with an eye for detail. Flexibility is key for your tasks, with a high work capacity. In your interactions with local and international partners you present specialist knowledge in an understandable and winning manner, and are perceived as a valuable advisor.
- Delivering all Payroll, Time & Absence, and Data Management activities for the employees in Belgium in a productive and efficient manner.
- Develop and implement payroll strategy.
- Leading Payroll strategic improvement projects, change projects
- Monitoring and management of outside service providers, including managing, owning and having full accountability for the data to and from the payroll provider.
- Processing information with confidentiality and with a high level of accuracy
- Ensuring accurate and timely payments to employees and local authorities
- Maintaining a “best in class” internal/external compliance landscape and develop it as internal/external compliance environment change.
- Coordination over internal and external financial audits.
- Strong collaboration with HR and controllers department.
- Serve as a primary focal point and bridge for/between the payroll provider, employees and different functions within the organization for salary related inquiries
- Interchange salary input and output data with the payroll provider and perform validation activities to ensure the processing of accurate data
- Prepare and execute accurate and timely (manual) payments to employees, to local authorities and to the payroll provider
- Validate, reconcile and post payroll related financial data
- Report tax, social security and pension related data to local authorities
- Perform payroll activities regarding impat and expat, Employees Stock Purchase plan, LTI (Long Term Incentive) and stock option programs
- Perform activities according to the Dow internal control & compliance framework including internal and external audits
- Participate in process improvement projects
Experience & Education
- You have a Master or Bachelor degree in HR, Finance or similar.
- You bring a minimum of 5 years payroll experience, both at a technical and practical level in diverse business and work processes or other relevant job experience.
- Your professional experience can either be within payroll/finance or HR compensation and benefits where you will have gained practical experience with designing / operating centralized business models.
- Fluency in English and French (written & oral)
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
- Proven leadership skills.
- Understand organizational interdependencies and have cross-functional & cross culture change management experience.
- Strategic and analytical mindset combined with strong communication and persuasion skills.
- Experience in high volume operational environments is required.
- Experience in internal controls through prior audit participation is preferred.
- Experience of managing complex labour /payroll related legislations, collaborating with the HR function in common areas of benefits, etc.
- Strong consulting and change management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Works independently, is self-motivated and accountable
- Customer service mindset