Job Title: ETL Developer
Respond to this job by email >
Location: London, UK
UBM is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Pentaho ETL developer. This role will be responsible for development, maintenance of ETL/ELT workflows and scripts for Enterprise Data Warehouse. Leveraging Pentaho Kettle combined with thorough knowledge of data modeling, ETL/ELT , SQL scripting and analytical expertise. To extract a wide variety of structured, un-structured data from different data source on to an Enterprise Data Warehouse built on AWS Redshift.
They will work closely with the Data Warehouse development, System Admin team and Marketing Automation team.
• Develop quality, reliable and fault tolerant data solutions based on requirements. Applying best practices and new trends/technologies all along the solution lifecycle.
• Architect and implement (code, test, debug) solutions to meet requirements.
• Design high transaction rate OLTP databases along with corresponding data warehouses.
• Analyzing internal and external source systems to determine data requirements, concerns and identify inefficiencies in processing
• Define and implement data standards, schemas and models for a robust and flexible data warehouse supporting cross team requirements
• Design, develop and implement complex data processing logic, data cleansing and error handling with multiple source systems
• Translate marketing and targeting requirements into a realized data warehouse (via schema design, ETL)
• Experience architecting, designing, and developing BI/Data Warehouse solutions
• Experience on developing, maintaining ETL on either Pentaho Kettle or some equivalent tool.
• In-depth knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
• Experience with SOAP/REST/RPC
• Experience with implementing large scale databases in MySQL
• Strong Knowledge of Data Integration and Data Warehouse architecture, requirement analysis, design, development and testing using various SDLC processes (Waterfall model, Agile).
• Experience development large scale/enterprise-wide data warehouses including the following skills sets:
o Schema design (cube, data marts, aggregates, etc)
o Multiple source system scenarios (feed processing, merging)
o ETL tools (Pentaho Data Integration a plus)
o BI/Dashboard tooling (Tableau, Aqua Data Studio a plus)
• Understanding Agile, and/or OOA/OOD, TDD processes
• Strong organizational and self-management skills
• Able to think strategically and tactically
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We actively welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from minority ethnic backgrounds and LGBT communities as they are currently underrepresented at application stage.